21, 22, 23, 25 June 2021 - The blog post the new Mysterious Island of Kochi went viral
The blog post on smashing the myths on the formation of new island near the Kochi coast of Kerala became viral and various media took it to the mainstream. The detailed post with scientific validations using various datasets, disproving the existence of the island, without a second thought was whole heartedly accepted. The media local and national level reported and helped to reach a larger crowd than my posts could have. Since the post was in CC BY-SA 4.0 license, some published and reported even without my knowledge. Here are some which I found.
- Club FM, a private FM radio station of Kerala aired a small conversation mine with the radio jockey on the island matter in their morning show on 25 June 2021
- Times Now News reported on 23 June 2021.
- The News Minute corrects their previous report on 23 June 2021 staying the island formation is a technical glitch referring to my post.
- Manorama reports the quoting my blog post was pubhilshed in Manorama Online on 21 June 2021 and Kochi print edition on 22 June 2021.
- Asianet News corrected their previous report of island formation pointing to the same blog post. They published it in their web edition and aired a video story on it on 21 June 2021
- The Cue reports in Malayalam on 21 June 2021.
- Deshabhimani also reported in the issue on 21 June 2021.
- IB Computing vlogs on the matter in malayalam on 21 June 2021
31 May 2021 - Mathrubhumi, Malayalam Daily
News on OSM Kerala ward boundary (admin level=10) mapping updates. We applied for HOTOSM micro grant, unfortunately not happened. But nothing can bring down the spirit of community in moving with their needs. Lot of task pending including increase accuracy and quality. Way to go mappers! Happy to be part of.
31 May 2021 - Deshabhimani, Malayalam Daily
News on our Ward level mapping efforts of OSM Kerala community being featured. Here is an example for participatory mapping & opendata helped to create the Geodata that even government don’t have properly with them.
01 November 2020 - Madyamam, Malayalam Daily
Report on the formation of Open Data Kerala community, on the 65th formation day of the Kerala State. The report features my map illustration of the village map prepared for the first dataset release through Open Data Kerala
27 August 2020 - Times of India
Report titled as OpenStreetMap Community maps disaster-prone Munnar on the disaster mapping done for Munnar landslide area. OpenStreetMap Community alone with HOT OSM community mapped the Munnar gramapanchayat which can help in finding the routes to the landslide areas and accelerate the rescue operations.
06 June 2020 - Mapathon Keralam Interview
A small interaction with Mapathon Keralam team on my mapping journey and OpenStreetMap contributions in Malayalam. Read it full here
27 December 2018 - Deccan Chronicle
Report titled as “Koorachundu kicks off resource mapping” mentions our efforts in Koorachundu Mapping Exercise